CherryPlayer is a unique multimedia player that combines all the benefits and advantages of a desktop player and the ability to play almost all types of streaming multimedia, such as video, audio, radio, and live broadcasts. Built-in categorized playlists from YouTube allow to be aware of everything that happens in the world of entertainment, sports, movies and more. With the ability to login to user's channel Cherryplayer becomes a real YouTube player. For gamers there is an opportunity to search and view streams on Twitch.tv with an ability to login to account there. Music fans will find support of SHOUTcast, SoundCloud and VK services. All this with the minimal usage of system resources, built-in codecs, intuitive interface and many other advantages makes CherryPlayer truly unsurpassed by convenience and functionality multimedia player.
Current stable version:
1. Support of almost all the file formats and codecs, live streaming, IPTV.
2. Free, quick and easy to use.
3. Search and playing music and video from YouTube, Twitch, 4shared, Soundcloud, Zaycev.net and VK.
4. Login to YouTube, Twitch and VK accounts.
5. Built-in playlists of YouTube and Twitch videoservices.
6. Built-in music charts of BBC Radio, Billboard and Last.fm.
7. Built-in SHOUTcast radioservice and radiostations sorted by countries.
8. Built-in codecs.
CherryPlayer 2.4.0 was released!
Thu, 12 May 2016
Last 5+ months we worked on improving player perfomance, fixing bugs and adding new features.
This release has 3 main updates:
1. First is much better YouTube support in player. We added ability to subscribe to channels, like and dislike video, load video description and YouTube comments, give you ability to comment video etc.
Also every YouTube category has now 200 "trending" videos, "live" videos and ability to select region.
In YouTube "Subscriptions" you can find new videos related to subscribed channels.
2. Second is completely re-built communication player UI with playback engine, fixed possible crashes and memory leaks, added ability for you to use system codecs for reading files, decode audio and video instead of built-in player codecs.
For example if you think that some external codecs installed in your system will play Twitch or YouTube streams better then you can say player to use these system codecs to play streams.
Also you can disable hardware acceleration for some videos if you want.
3. Third is adding new features like setup video aspect ratio and geometry (size and position), setup playback rate.
A lot of efforts we spent on optimizing UI perfomance, fixing different bugs in UI, improving hot keys work.
Probably you will value also new player feature - support panel with YouTube comments and Twitch chat in fullscreen.
* Note please that in order to run CherryPlayer you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86)